It is fair to say that sandblasted signs are works of art. They incorporate style elements in the background of the product, the raised foreground image and the combination of colors as well as finishes that really bring out the wow factor of the piece. Signage manufactured with the sandblasting process comes in a broad range of sizes and shapes. There is most certainly no one-size-fits-all approach here. Use these products to meet your interior or exterior signage needs.
Who Commissions Sandblasted Signs?
The makeup of business clients ordering this product is not reserved to a certain niche. Although it is true that bed & breakfast as well as tackle shop operators are among our most loyal customers for this type of product, any company doing business in the historic part of town is also highly likely to commission this signage solution.
Attorneys order them to display on the facades of mixed-used area buildings while architects like the wow factor that this product provides. It is still unusual enough to stand out and grab the eye of passersby. Companies that like to present with an old-world feel – bakeries, for example – also favor sandblasted signs.
How Does it Work?
When you contact Stellar Signs & Graphics for a client consultation, we sit down with you to look over the proposed signage display you have in mind. We work with you to create a design that pops when we install it at your venue. Next, we manufacture the product.
- HDU. We like to use high-density urethane (HDU), which is a long-lasting product that is ideal for this purpose. It is possible to use wood if you prefer.
- Masking. We mask off the areas that will show as raised displays.
- Sandblasting. Once the areas are marked, we treat the board with a blast of sand and cool air. This combination eats away at the HDU and only leaves the masked off areas intact.
- Sanding and primering. We frequently sand the sign by hand to ensure a perfect look. Adding primer allows paint to adhere.
- Painting and finishing. We paint the sign in the colors you have chosen. We add a matte or high gloss finish to make the images stand out.
- Installation. Finally, it is time to install the signage.
Ordering Your Sign Today
Our graphic artists serve the business communities in and around West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Green Acres, FL. Call us today to get started on your order.